Monsieur baba has been on my to do list for a while now. It’s location on Rue Fb. St Denis gives it some stiff after work, happy hour competition – with the likes of PNY, Chez Jeanette, Le Napoleon and Chateau D’Eau to name a few.
I finally went in one friday early evening to have drinks and discovered their happy hour menu of 5.50 Euros for a plate of cheese and hams with a drink!
Let’s not get ahead of ourselves, it’s just enough for one person. It will not feed Jesus and the multitudes. But still a great deal for an evening aperitif -if you’re thinking of hanging out with friends and sharing dishes.
Unfortunately you can’t order alcohol without ordering something to drink here.
Other items on the menu – are a mix of Parisian bistro and traditional french cafe type foods; Beef tartare, Hamburgers, Salads, moelleux au chocolat…
- Happy hours: Only from 3pm to 8pm.
- Decor: mix of vintage and classic french bistro. Exposed walls and lots hanging lights inside.
- Great for cocktails and people watching
- Noisy on the Terrace as Rue Fb. Denis can be bustling
- Casual atmosphere – not for a romantic evening
- Decent Brunches on the Weekends
Address: Monsieur Baba
69 rue du faubourg-St -Denis, 75010 Paris
Metro: Chateau d’eau (Line 4)
Exiting to the terrace and view on Rue Fr. St Denis.
The Tapas menu
The night menu