The May things to do in Paris article is now ready for you to enjoy. You may now begin planning your time in one of the most renowned cities in the world during the most breathtaking time of the year. May gives us spring, warmer weather, outdoor picnics, and the beginning of longer days with endless sunlight.
To see all the best places to eat, drink and stay in Paris, continue reading if you don’t want to miss all the new exciting events happening throughout the city this month.
The weather in Paris during May is pleasantly warm and it’s here to stay. The ideal weather for a light sweater and a stroll through one of the many Jardins throughout the city. Airfare has risen since now we are at the heart of the tourist season. It’s a spectacular time to visit and immerse yourself in the beauty of Paris in the springtime. Don’t forget to plan your picnic in one of the Jardins or at the Champs de Mars. If you’re looking for a curated french picnic basket, gift bags, or just a gouter to celebrate the Joie de Vivre, then order your Paris Foodie Bag here.
Hotels will increase from the previous months because the heart of the tourist season has begun. Speaking of spring, you will be able to witness Paris in full bloom with the absolute best weather for roaming the streets of Paris. I’ve rounded up a top list of things to do in Paris during the month of May. So, continue reading for everything there is to do in Paris this May.
With May being such a joyous month with an abundance of travelers coming to experience this spectacular city, Paris, I had to give you my personal list of favorites.
Here are our top 5 hotels for the month
1. Hotel Lancaster inspired by a Parisian Townhouse, here you will be in the center of it all. Only a short distance away from the bustling Champs Elysees with authentic 1900 architecture there is something that will appeal to everyone at Hotel Lancaster.
3. Hotel Plaza Athenee if you want to experience the very best of Paris then Plaza Athenee is the hotel for you. Located on the prestigious Avenue Montaigne lined with all the major fashion houses of the world you’ll experience Parisian luxury at its finest.
4. Hotel Bachaumont: located only steps away from the famous neighborhood Montorgueil if you are looking for trendy, eclectic, yet sophisticated accommodation, then Hotel Bachaumont will provide you exactly that.
5 .Hotel Crillon is a true celebration of French culture, elegance, and art de vivre. It has become a timeless legend of authentic french luxury.
Here are our top 5 restaurants for May
1. Miznon Originated in Israel, Mizon made its way over to Paris and has been a staple place for classic israel dishes. With its chaotic energy and long lines Miznon is worth the wait. It might be difficult to understand the menu since it’s illustrated on the walls but the staff will surely be able to help guide you. Though I recommend you try two of their most popular dishes, the boeuf bourguignon pita sandwich and roasted cauliflower, trust me you won’t be disappointed.
2. Frenchie , a renowned micro restaurant of Paris that was established by Greg Marchand to be a place that he himself would want to return to again and again. The menu is always changing and adapting to what is currently in season, and has an intimate vibe.
3. Chez Janou, a mellow yet vibrant neighborhood restaurant. Chez Janou specializes in provencal French cuisine and has an extensive Pastis list. Make sure to try the traditional Provencal Ratatouille, Scallops, and save room for desert and indulge in their Famous Mousse au chocolat.
4. Les enfants du Marche: A high concept seafood restaurant operated by chef Michael Grossman located in the famous Marche des enfants rouge. The menu is based on the seasonal offerings though they always have a ceviche, soup du jour, and oysters. This spot is definitely a unique dining experience.
5. Deviant ,if you’re looking for a lively place with outstanding music, plates to share with the ones you love, and unforgettable cocktails then Deviant is the place for you to visit this May.
Activities during May in Paris
1. Indulge in a specialized food or walking tour of Montmartre with me
2. Pay a visit to the newly opened Basquait & Warhol Exhibit at the Fondation Louis Vuitton is one not to be missed. The exhibit highlights over 100 paintings from the “Four Hands Ensemble”.
3. Visit Musée Rodin and witness the works of the French Sculptor Auguste Rodin, and enjoy strolling through the beautiful rose garden.
4. See the Eiffel Tower sparkle in the evening while enjoying your Paris Foodie Bag
5. If you’re in Paris on the first of May (Labor Day) there is a tradition called “La Fête du Muguet”. Particularly in Paris, this is a day when people give Lily of the Valley flowers to loved ones. Therefore, go to a local Marche or Florist and join in on the tradition
Outdoor Activities to do in Paris
- Head over to the hip Canal Saint Martin. A place where Parisians go to converse, listen to music, share a couple drinks, and overall have a wonderful evening with friends.
- Pay a visit to the biggest and most visited Parisian Flea Market, Le Puces Located at Saint Ouen here you can find museum quality items from the 17th century, art deco objects from the 1930’s, and leather jackets from the 1960’s.
- If you’re looking for a local experience that indulges all five senses then you must pay a visit to Marche Bastille . Located at Place de la Bastille’s Colonne de Juillet as the backdrop, you will find hundreds of stalls offering an abundance of different products ( everything from food, to clothing, to knick knack items).
- A photoshoot with a Parisian backdrop and the one you love – with Gabi Alves Photography
- If you are a lover of Music then you don’t want to miss the Saint Germain de Pres Jazz festival. Here you will witness the top musicians in Paris now, experience parisian style barbeque, electric dance music, and attend concerts in top venues like Sainte Chapelle.
Paris May weather
The sun is shining longer and the warm weather is here to stay. The month of May in Paris is when the weather is absolutely divine, not too hot, not too cold.
The temperatures in Paris during May: the heart of springtime it can get as high as 80 degrees F (27 C) and as low as 52-degrees F (11C).
What to pack for May in Paris
Think comfortable weather in the morning, and warmer temperatures in the afternoons
Rain Jacket: incase of a sun shower
Maxi floral skirt
Comfortable walking shoes