This winter in Paris we wanted to give you an insider guide to the capital. ?With lots ?of things to do this december. This is one of the best time for those of you visiting don’t forget your comfy shoes and winter coats (not a jacket). Fo us locals there’s some spots that are worth revisiting for sure! ?Most of the holiday activities, shopping, christmas markets, art shows, and restaurants to brunch are listed below.
It’s in a list format as I found that the more I tried to write a comprehensive article – it was more of an itinerary of things I wanted to try or revisit with my family, pals or solo.
On another note, the streets here after the attacks are back to looking normal (for the most part) and I couldn’t be more happier to see people still going out and enjoying life!
Brunch at Derriere is a hidden gem in on a quirky street with an interesting d?cor.
- Address:?69 Rue des Gravilliers, 75003 Paris
- Phone:01 44 61 91 95
Hang with us:?FACEBOOK?**?INSTAGRAM?**?GOOGLE +?**?PINTEREST?
Date night at Le Dauphin
- Address: 131 Avenue Parmentier, 75011 Paris
- Phone:01 55 28 78 88
Morning Coffee to go @ Gaite Lyrique
In the mornings at the front of this new media museum is a good coffee-to go cart. They have a few seats should you want to stay and even enjoy a croissant with your coffee.
- Address:?3bis Rue Papin, 75003 Paris
- Metro: Reaumur Sebastopol ? line 4
Chill with the pals @ Le Merou?
- Address:?11 Rue de Paradis, 75010 Paris
- Phone:09 52 94 17 60
So-Pi (South Pigalle) has our hearts for the best bars to get out and also enjoy a DJ set. Here are our favorite spots.
- Address: 54 Rue Jean-Baptiste Pigalle, 75009 Paris
- Address: 65 Rue Jean-Baptiste Pigalle, 75009 Paris
- Phone:01 53 16 17 04
- Address: 7 Rue Frochot, 75009 Paris
- Phone:09 80 72 98 83
For Him @ Beaubien
Men?s clothing store with a cool rare selection of European and American brands. Lots of accessories under 100 Euros like wallets and Japanese design pens.
- Address:?21 Rue Notre Dame de Nazareth, 75003 Paris
- Phone:09 80 36 00 72
For Her @ Princesse Tam Tam
The French lingerie brand has really good quality at a great price.
- Address:?5 Rue Montmartre, 75001 Paris
- Phone:01 45 08 47 52
For Kids @ Kidthemall
A pop up shop from the funky kids clothing store until 23 December
7 rue Ferdinand Duval Paris
They also have workshops to create your own PJs ? 10 euros more info here.
For In-laws @ Julhes
A wide selection of cheeses, wines and specialty French food
- Address:?60 Rue du Faubourg Saint-Denis, 75010 Paris
- Phone:09 51 03 48 58
A little something for everybody – Bazaar Market, 5 to 6 December.
- GALERIE JOSEPH
116 RUE DE TURENNE
- Facebook Event page
Re Rag Rag @ Institute Su?dois
- An exhibition of handmade carpets and rugs made from recycled materials.
- Address:?11 Rue Payenne, 75003 Paris
- Phone:01 44 78 80 20
#volesvoguezvoyagez @ Grand Palais
- until 21 February 2016
Material @ Florence Loewy… by Artists
- Photo exhibition by non-photographers.
- Address:?9 Rue de Thorigny, 75003 Paris
- Phone:01 44 78 98 45
1st Contemporary Arab Photography?exhibition?// 1st Biennale des photographes du monde?arabe contemporain
- 50 emerging and experienced Artists in a collective photography exhibition
- 11 November 2015 to 7 January 2016
- 7 Locations around the city
- More information here
A nostalgic nightclub from the 90s comes back to life as a five star hotel.
- Address:?7 Rue du Bourg l’Abb?, 75003 Paris
- Phone:01 42 77 07 07
A secret Paris Luxury hotel with 5 stars ( now has a brunch special that we?re loving ) in the 1st arrondisment.
- Address:?6 Rue Duphot, 75001 Paris
- Phone:01 42 60 34 12
NO?L GOURMAND (1st)
11 December to 14 December
The covered intimate space of Carrousel du Louvre with a hand selected number of French producers of artisan delights such as cheese, wine and chacuteries.
- CARROUSEL DU LOUVRE
99 RUE DE RIVOLI
- Entrance fee: 10 euros including a glass of wine
Christmas Market in Paris (5th)
12 December to 23 December
With a everything made in France theme from over 50 stalls.
- SQUARE REN?-VIVIANI
2 RUE DU FOUARRE
Christmas Market at Montparnasse?(15th)
10 December to 31 December
Gastronomy around the Tour Montparnasse area with cute little wooden stalls at Place Raoul Dautry, 75015
Alsace Christmas Market (10th)
3 December to 18 December 2015
This Christmas market is dedicated to bringing you the best of the Alsace produce.
- 9am to 6pm
- Parvis Gare de l?Est, 75010
Champs Elysee Market (8th)
Complete with the all white stalls and the traditional Grand Roue // Big Wheel on te Concorde that gives a magnificent view of all of Paris. It?s also here that you can go January 1st to see the New Years Parade .
13 November to 4 January 2016
- PLACE DE LA CONCORDE
- Metro: Concorde line 1, 8, 12
Everyday from 12 noon to midnight?
3 December to 3 January
A cute set up of wooden Christmas stalls with a magnificent view of the Eiffel Tower.
- Place du Trocad?ro?Paris?, 75016
- Metro: Trocad?ro
19 December to 3 January 2016
- 3rd Arr – Square du Temple, 64 rue de Bretagne
- Place de la R?publique
- 4th Arr– Place de l?H?tel de Ville
Christmas at Jardin D?Acclimatation
28 November to 3 January 2016
Christmas village complete with shopping stalls, ice skating rink, cooking classes, light shows, and of course Santa his reindeers.
- Everyday 10 am to 8 pm
- JARDIN D’ACCLIMATATION
BOIS DE BOULOGNE
- Entrance fee: 3 euros
- Skating: 7 euros
- More info on their website
NOT TO MISS
Holiday Big Wheel is up!
At Concorde get a thrill from seeing Paris all the way up high.
So BD Salon // Comic Book?Exhibition?
Annual BD comic book exhibition. Perfect to take the kids on the weekend.
4 to 6 December
- Halle des Blancs Manteaux
- More information here
Montmartre?Open Artist Studios
5 to 6 December
Cit? Montmartre aux Artistes
187-189 rue Ordener, 75018 Paris
Paris climate 2015 Summit
Finding a solution to fight global warming.