updated: july 2019
Yes, thats the word! Canicule – you’ve seen it every where today. It just mean that the weather is so hot today you’ll feel like you’re in the desert! But we can make the best of it with some open air swimming pools right?
#Canicule2019 is in full swing ladies and gents – I literally felt the heat from the pavement burning my feet just now – Oh I wish I want to jump in an ocean right now!
You may not be liking the heat much either. So what to do?
Even though you’re in no way close to an island sea or ocean in some exotic location – but you’re in Paris and a lot of people could kill for that! – you can still escape the heat (for a bit!)
So here how to have your cake and eat it too (with lots of water) – LET’S GO TO THE OUTDOOR PUBLIC POOLS.
They are rather hygienic and I’ve tested a few. Here are six pools that will make you feel a bit cooler – really – all while cooling off.
Most pools are 3 to 5 Euros to enter.
8 Outdoor Paris Pools to Cool off
1. Pool 12th Arrondissement – Roger le Gall
- 34 Boulevard Carnot
- Metro Porte de Vincennes
- Tel : 01 44 73 81 12
- June to September
2. Pool 13th Arrondissement – La Butte aux Cailles
- 5 Place Paul Verlaine
- Metro Place d’Italie
- Tel: 01 45 89 60 05
3. Pool 15th Arrondissement – Keller
- 14 Rue de l’Ingenieur Keller
- Metro Charles Michels
- Tel : 01 45 71 81 00
4. Pool 16th Arrondissement – Auteuil
- Bois de Boulogne, route des Lacs ? Passy
- Metro Ranelagh
- T?l : 01 42 24 07 59
5. Pool 19th Arrondissement- Georges Hermant?
- 4, rue David d’Angers
- Metro Danube
- Tel : 01 42 02 45 10
6. Pool 20th Arrondissement – Georges Vallerey
- 148 Avenue Gambetta
- Metro Porte des Lilas
- Tel : 01 40 31 15 20
7. Pool 13th Arrondissement- Josephine Baker
- Port de la Gare, Quai Francois Mauriac, 75013 Paris
- MetroBibliotheque Francois Mitterrand
- Tel: 01 56 61 96 50
8. Pool 16th Arrondissement – Molitor Piscine
- Metro Michel Ange Molitor
- Free for hotel guests