Paris: Where to watch the world cup?
No matter if you call it football or soccer. If you’re in Paris during this years world cup you’re probably trying to find a few good sports bars or places to watch the matches. Not to worry, better late than never, but I’ve rounded a few spots to satisfy your football fever and cheer on your favorite (national or international) team while in France.
A while back I also did an article on the best irish and english pubs in Paris – I’m sure you’ll be able to see the matches here too!
1. Caf? Marie Stuart
- Address: 49 rue Montorgueil, Paris 75002
- Arrondissement / Neighborhood: Montorgueil / Etienne Marcel / 75002
- Metro: Sentier (line 3) or Etienne Marcel (line 4)
Read more about Cafe Marie Stuart Paris bar here
Some deets: One of my favorite caf?s just installed massive screens just for the world cup. Lot’s of good looking people.
2. Comptoir General
- Address: 80 Quai de Jemmapes, 75010 Paris
- Phone:+33 1 44 88 20 45
- Arrondissement / Neighborhood: Canal St Martin / Republic / 75010
- Metro: Jacques Bonsergent (line 5)
Read more about Comptoir General Paris the space here
Some deets: Not what you’d expect tucked away along the canal: Convivial funky multi space atmosphere with bars and restos. Somewhat hipster now.
3. La Marquise Cafe
- Address: 74 rue Jean-Pierre Timbaud 75011 Paris
- Phone: +33 1 43 55 86 96
- Arrondissement / Neighborhood: Oberkamf / Parmentir / 75011
- Metro: Parmentier (line 3)
Some deets: I saw the European championships here many times. Great friendly French and international crowd.
Check the map for an itinerary and more places to be added:
4. Le Renouveau
- Address: 100 Rue du Faubourg Saint-Martin
- Paris, 75010 France
- Arrondissement / Neighborhood: Gare de l’ Est /75010/
- Metro: Gare de L?Est (Lines 4 and 5 )
Some deets: Every time I pass by on my way from the canal there seems to be a rowdy bunch cheering their favorite team on.
5. Hotel de Ville
- Address: Place de l’H?tel de ville
- 75004 Paris
- Arrondissement / Neighborhood: Marais/ Chatlet / 75004
- Metro: Hotel de ville ( line 1 and line 11)
- NB: ONLY from 28/06/2014 to 13/07/2014
Some deets: THE Biggest outdoor screens in Paris – but only beginning with the quarterfinal matches. FREE.
6. Le Bar du Bristol
- Address: 112 rue du Faubourg Saint-Honor?, Paris, 75008
- Arrondissement / Neighborhood: Saint Honore / 75008 /
- Metro: Miromesnil (lines 9 and 13)
Some deets: If you?re grown and sexy then the Bar Bristol is for you. One of Paris best luxury bars.
THINGS TO DO IN PARIS – [JUNE 2014] | my parisian life
[…] World Cup Matches – Whether you’re a fan or not there are tons of places to see football in paris and I’ve created a Map for you. […]