A one stop shopping and food destination with a rooftop view of Paris
Recently I’ve been spending so much time admiring the wealth of offerings as this all-in-one Parisian department store that I’ve decided I have to do another article to show you guys more of what I love about them! My go-to place for one-stop food and fashion shopping is Galeries Lafayette.
From the dedicated Maison Gourmet that offers everything wine, cheese, and even homewares to across the street at the main store where you’ll find the beauty counters on the first floor, and luxury brands on the upper floors, then the rooftop with its amazing view of Paris. It’s really a one-stop shopping and food destination, where I take everyone visiting.
Everyone gets to fill their fancy whether it’s a foodie day or shopping day. I’ve spoken about their food and wine classes (here). Oh and not to mention you can have your tax back in a simplified way with their dedicated Tax back machine area.
- If you’re coming to Paris to experience the French culture and food then you simply have to do a food tour or wine tasting. I’ve tried the wine tasting inside GL and I’d highly recommend if you’re looking to learn more about wine regions, and pairings with cheese. All in English with an animated and fluent sommelier (you can see more from my tasting here)
- Stock up on some of the best french food inside Galeries Lafayette Gourmet. A perfect spot to also gift shop as they also have many little trinkets that can be given as non-traditional souvenirs and gifts when you get back home. They also have a CAVE where you can stock up on great wines. Take the time to sit at one of the restaurants on the entrance floor (or basement level) for an authentic market food experience.
- Parisian Brands The curation of Parisian best-loved brands are all here – so you can save time street hopping shopping here for brands like The Kooples, BA&SH and Zadig & Voltaire. Also if you’re visiting for a special occasion you can use Panoply to rent a designer dress and InstaLux to rent a luxury it-bag.
- The in-house Galeries Lafayette Paris brand is also great for quality sweaters and trendy items of this season like the cotton overalls revisited with a vintage flair.
- DETAX, new machines are available to make your tax return process stress free.
- LUXE + VIP SHOPPING, there are lots of luxury brands like Gucci, Balenciaga, Alaia and more! You can even have a shopping experience with a style consultation and alterations (see here)
In addition to the cafes and restaurants inside already like Laduree, Starbucks, and the new Caspia Bar, there is the rooftop!
The rooftop restaurants and bars Paillote & Cube Bar offer a magnificent view accompanied by a drink or fine dining.
Even if you’re not thinking of having a dining or cocktail experience here, you simply have to go up and gasp at the magnificent clear view of Paris from up high.