Located a stone’s throw away from the central metro and train station in Paris , Gare du Nord is Hotel Avalon is a boutique hotel from Hiphophostels that also have apartment time accommodation for families visiting Paris in groups or with kids. We collaborated with them recently to show you some of the local gems in and around the hotel that are worth a visit and wandering; mostly in the Pigalle and Montmartre neighborhoods.
Hotel Avalon is a 3 star reasonable priced boutique hotel with a friendly multi-lingual staff, fast wi-fi and continental breakfast (complete with all the French pasties our heart desires!)
The room we stayed in was 22 – it was super cute and cozy. Complete with two linked double bed a kitchenette and a bathroom with a bathtub (rare in Paris, at this price point starting at 88 euros a room!). There was also an office desk, closet, safe and big screen TV (with some international channels)
I have a big pet peeve for comfortable beds and strong showers – both tests that Hotel Avalon passed.
The hotel itself is more modern looking and feel in decor, it’s not the place to go if you want a historical feeling hotel with lots of charm, but the location and comfort to everything around were most important to us.
reading material in the dining area
The bed and view from our Apartment room
inside modern decor at Hotel Avalon
Once inside just open up the window and you’ll see the typical Haussmann building facing you!
- The ++
- Fast Wifi
- great location close to metro, local gems, and tourist sites
- Super friendly staff
- Comfortable beds
- The –
- some rooms are on the small size
taking a break in the tiny garden
reading in the little garden at the hotel
You can see the full video of our Mommy and me day out and about!
Video by the talented LeBonnob
Bonjour Paris from the hill of Sacre Coeur
You can see (almost) all of Paris from here too!
the historic church on the hill in montmartre – sacre couer / sacred heart
A detailed itinerary of local and touristy places to wander, eat and see:
- La Colonie is a cool cultural place to go for a drink –Address: 128 Rue la Fayette, 75010 Paris
- Aloha Coffee shop for breakfast or lunch –Address: 32 Rue Pierre Fontaine, 75009 Paris
- KB Cafeshop for a flat white or espresso –Address: 53 Avenue Trudaine, 75009 Paris
- La Binouze for French and international craft beer –Address: 72 Rue de Rochechouart, 75009 Paris
- Ice cream and Crepes at Place Tertre –Address: Place du Tertre, 75018 Paris
- The Love wall at Abbesses –Address: Square Jean Rictus, Place des Abesses, 75018 Paris
- Go see the historic Moulin Rouge –Address: 82 Boulevard de Clichy, 75018 Paris, this is where we say the street performers in the band
- Discover the world of Amelie on Rue Lepic -Cafe des 2 Moulin Address: 15 Rue Lepic, 75018 Paris
- Wander around Sacre Couer Church and take in an aerial view of Paris – Address: 35 Rue du Chevalier de la Barre, 75018 Paris
- Have dinner at Le Consulat – Address: 18 Rue Norvins, 75018 Paris
looking out our window at room 22
walking by Sacre Coeur the view from Metro Anvers
a park near metro Anvers where you can take a break with the kids
walking to KB Cafeshop for a cafe (and reading the sign for the rug shop)
Kids playing at Metro Abbesses close to the Love Wall
Traditional French singer at Place Tertre