SUMMER IN PARIS: 20 Things to do this July and August
This summer is fully underway with lots of warm weather days in store for us my friends! As we say in French ” la canicule”! We have a few new spots and activities to share but also some old favourites that you may have forgotten. For starters, there’s a list of places to watch the World cup (anyone else a soccer fan?), check out the Ball de Pompiers on July 14th, find the best picnic spots and things to do for any budget and a list of Paris best pools.
Where to stay
Amastan Paris – is a 4-star new boutique hotel located near to the Champs Elysee. with a bar and garden is perfect for a stay especially during fashion week.
Where to eat
plenty of pickings this summer!
- FELICITA – quality Italian food from the Big Mama group, if you can stand the wait, then you simply have to try the biggest restaurant in france inside the new Station F
2. Grande Fantasie – a super cool peniche along the canal in the trendy neighbourhood of the 19th – it’s a meeting place for neighbourhood locals with burger and fries, massive veggie salads and a view of the canal and the impromptu Jazz concerts
3. Ethio Saris – I just discovered for Ethiopian food in a little side street where you can sit outside. family run and they have vegetarian options. Ambience easy and a mix of local neighbours and families. chitchatting with each other on the terrace.
4. Boulom – casual chic buffet style eating in a new restaurant, simple quality product with lots of fish options, Cheese lovers won’t be disappointed either.
5. Perruche – rooftop – Printemps du gout – soon to be open July 23rd !
Adresse : 2 rue du Havre – 75009 Paris
Where to go for a drink
The bar at the Hilton Paris Opera has sumptuous summer cocktails ( in both alcoholic and non-alcoholic versions)
Full of history the Hilton hotel was built the same year as the Eiffel tower and the ceiling of the interior is so intricate you feel like you’re in a vintage dream. A mix of locals, businessmen and out-of-towners.
Where to watch the world cup –
a trendy funky bar with outdoor seating and a rooftop along the canal.
Bar Brasserie La Piscine
Les têtes brûlées –
a massive outdoor space where you can find lots of food trucks and music
in addition to the food stands and chill vibes you’ll feel good here
Where to take the kids:
For the little ones – take them to the parks like
- Parc Monceau – they still have little ruins, a pond and the location is stunning
- Parc Buttes Chaumont – what I like to call the Paris version of Central Park
- Places de Vosges has a little kiddie area
Tuileries – Fete des Tuileries for all day rides and family fun in the centre of Paris!
Adresse : 113 Rue de Rivoli, 75001 Paris
Game Center (or what the heck do you call these places again?) –
La Tete Dans Les Nuage is a new discovery for me (well my son has been before) but I’ve reconnected with my inner child at this massive arcade where you can play with tokens and run around from machine to machine and literally not feel the time pass.
one of the places where you can just spend a day in Paris! They have 3 restaurants, an outdoor pizza truck, and thrift shop, concert halls, art galleries and spaces dedicated to kids of all ages.
Adresse : 5 Rue Curial, 75019 Paris
SUMMER COOL DOWN –